Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Weakest Link?

As the old adage goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. However, when we see a guildie struggling in his or her role, do we mimic the game show or give a helping hand?
I've been in guilds where the modus operandi was to talk about the person behind their back and/or dictate spec, gear, or spell rotation. Now there is a place for suggestions, and I've had the joy of working with some of the nicest guys I'd ever hope to meet in a video game. Some guilds will let people raid no matter what, which gets extremely frustrating for the other members of the group.
What I've experienced in my current guild is help, respect, and encouragement. Don't get me wrong, I get as much shit as anyone else when I mess up, but that's part of raiding together.
Instead of hearing from a third person where my issues are, the raid leaders and officers are talking to me. Instead of a class leader dictating to me, other guild members are offering their help and encouragement.
I offer a /salute to the members and leaders of CRC. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment