Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valuing Myself

If last Tuesday was one of the best days I've had in weeks, yesterday was one of the worst. I do my best to keep up the sunny, happy persona that everybody loves, but the truth is, I'm caught in a major depressive episode, triggered by the stress of dealing with my father's illness and all of the complications involved. The first part of an episode is always the hardest, because you remember how it felt to be happy. So, I keep myself going until I feel I can take the time to get help for myself.
During times like these, as much as I'm struggling, WoW becomes my lifeline. There are people there who ask me to run stuff, and people who make me laugh without acting like they're trying to cheer me up.
One of the things I struggle with is learning to value who I am and the contributions I make. I may not have stellar dps, but I do very well with what I have to work with. I'm willing to run instances to help people out. I'm willing to come in and step out depending on the guild needs. In short, I'm a member of a team of people, and I'm willing and able to support the team. That, in itself, is valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment