Friday, March 13, 2009

The Revolution of Rising Expectations

Last night, I was running some lower level instances on the shadow priest and was able to identify why warlock dots are easier for me to manage than shadow priest dots. With Vampiric Touch and Vampiric Embrace primarily dependent on Mind Blast damage, watching the cooldown timer as well as dot timers is essential (destro, anyone? yuck). Answers are coming slowly, but they are coming.
Yesterday, one of my guildies posted on our forums a video of a guy multiboxing 5 toons at once on a pvp server, doing arenas and running VH. Part of the time, he showed a cutaway of his hands hitting keys and moving the mouse and trackball. I was astounded at this guy's quickness.
I keep wanting to be able to do things as fast as a neurotypical person. In an effort to discourage botting, Blizzard has chosen to not allow any programs that automate key clicks, and has set in-game macros so each command casts simultaneously, rather than in sequence. This means that an extremely intelligent person with damage to the parts of the brain that control movement and reaction time can't find workarounds to give her consistent 3500+ dps. It's frustrating, but is it fair?
Life isn't fair. If life was fair, I wouldn't have to work twice as hard for the same results. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. Bitterness becomes the fuel that drives me to always look for new ways to improve. Bitterness is why I can be replaced on a boss kill and come back the next week just to show you that I can do it. There are very few people I allow to see the bitterness, and it would probably shock a lot of people to know how bitter I really am. In the end, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I am a better person for my experiences in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment