Tuesday, May 5, 2009

10-man Mimiron and Reflections on the Journey

Last night, I was working on my tournament dailies (and thanks to my good friend Tidefury, had them down to just one) when I got a tell from Cinnas, who was gathering a group to go back into 10 man Ulduar, asking if I wanted to go. Like I've said before, I don't refuse guild raids, especially on new content. So I get set for a long night of banging our heads up against Mimiron. It was going okay, and I was doing really well at Warlock tanking, when I get a tell from Flip, "I'm gonna tank now, you do bots. I can dps more targets that way." Have I said before how much I hate being thrown out of my comfort zone? DPSing Bots means that I am switching targets more often, which increases the chances I will be confused, and means a lot more downtime for me. The decision was made, though, so I ranted at Flip and worked on the bots. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The thing I'm learning is that each difficult encounter that I can negotiate helps the hand-eye coordination and reaction time, so the next encounter is a little easier.

On the 18th try of the night, we successfully got him into phase 4, and Deadly Boss Mods was (finally) correctly showing percentages on all three parts. As each part fell to below 5%, we started losing tanks. As we were burning him down, we kept losing people and there were people that thought it would be a wipe. I was still up, throwing dots and shadowbolts for all I was worth and refusing to quit. We got him down with 3 people standing! I got a "gj" tell from Flip, which is always nice. I'm not the top dpser and never will be, but I can now say that I do enough.

Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday. It's a day that is touched with sadness, as we miss Bry's mom, and watch my mom slip further away. The rabbits are back in my backyard, though, and it makes me think fondly of both of them. Mother's Day is also the day two years ago when I left Night Renegades on Baelgun and brought my priest to Turalyon to join the hunter and druid. I can draw so many parallels between NR and CRC, sometimes I wish I knew then what I know now.
Lileia said something in In the Fringes that really made me think. She said, "Being there is the easy part, letting someone be there, that's the difficult part." It's not easy letting people know that there are parts of your brain that don't work right, especially when people immediately think that means that you are not intelligent. It's hard to let someone help you do a quest that you think you should be able to solo. It's hard letting someone see the tears, fear, and anger that come with living with a disability. I've learned to be vunerable, and I've learned to trust. I've seen the best part of humanity, and made some great friends. It's been a great journey, and it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment