Thursday, May 7, 2009

Being Comfortable in My Own Skin

I had a major accomplishment in-game yesterday. I was able to successfully duel four champions in the Argent tournament and complete that daily. I love dailies that take me over a week to do.

Had an interesting vent conversation Tuesday night that really got me thinking about the change in how I react to not being invited to raids. I used to be extremely anxious about whether or not I'd get an invite, and take it personally if I didn't. Various conversations with Dem, and especially his first comment on this blog, have shown me that I have a very unique and needed place in the CRC raiding core. Also, I'm not treated like I'm weak or sensitive in guild. It takes a lot of inner strength to do what I do on a weekly basis, and it is acknowledged, appreciated, and maybe even admired.

I think what I appreciate more than anything else that WoW has given me is the wonderful feeling that who I am is okay, that the cerebral palsy does not define me. I had that feeling when I was younger, but life managed to beat it out of me somewhat to the point that my husband said to me one day last year, "You are acting like a victim and this is not you! You are not the woman I fell in love with and I want that woman back." I am the take-charge woman that makes things happen again.

As I endured Dem's teasing, I realized that being open with my guildies has taken a lot of the shame about being disabled away. That is a definite win, no matter how you look at it.

3 comments:

  1. My teasing??!eleven1!11!!!!1! I dont ever tease you. This is nonsense! I demand that this post be taken down, and filled in with truths and not slanderous lies!


    Ok ok ok ok, anyway.

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better about raiding again Carol. =D Like I said, you would have to quit to be demoted to social. Heyoooooo


    (Bewbs)


    Bee Tee Dub. Grats on the 3.3k Dps on a few of those fights on Tuesday. Believe thats been your high on your warlock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten 4k on Patchwerk before, according to my Recount, but yeah, I think that's my highest in Ulduar.
    And thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I was over 3.4k on some of the fights Sunday night. I'll be on late to remind you to breathe when it gets hairy, because we can and will get him down tonight.

    ReplyDelete